I am one of those people who buys things the day AFTER holidays in order to get the best price on seasonal decor. After working in the fashion industry for so long, it really is hard to pay full price for anything. When you know the margins behind things and the speed of the industry, it’s hard to justify paying full price, when it’s likely waiting a few weeks will mean paying 50% less.
We moved into our house last December and between my son’s first birthday and Christmas, we didn’t have much time for decorating. We managed to get a tree and decorate a little inside, but we didn’t manage to get lights on the house. True to form, I waited until the day after Christmas and purchased a bunch of exterior lights at Sears for a great price. I can’t wait to see what our house looks like with them in December!
Using a few DIY tricks, I plan on decorating our house for Halloween without spending a lot of money and then attacking the post-holiday sales on November 1st so I can take on Halloween full-force next year.
I’ve been scouring the web for weeks to come up with easy, cost-effective decor to dress up our home and I thought today I’d share some of the plans I have in mind with you!
Here are my favorite ideas for easy Halloween decor:1. I love the idea of painting pumpkins, to keep around longer than carved pumpkins will last.
2. These black paper bats are spooky without being cheesy and are a super easy craft.
3. It’s hard to find Halloween wreaths that aren’t cluttered, but this one is simplicity at it’s best.
4. I can’t wait to see our Dogwood tree filled with these spooky glowing orbs.
5. We still have some hedges along the sidewalk and I intend to fill them with these glowing eyes.
6. I have a vision of glowing balloon ghosts staked in our lawn, similar to these balloon ghosts created by Pippa Middleton.
What are your Halloween decor plans? Does anyone else like to wait and hit up the post-Holiday sales?